Sunday, December 03, 2006

Christmas Time

Break out the tinsel and holly, Christmas time is approaching. Tomorrow is the kickoff to the Christmas season for me. No, I'm not going to begin shopping for presents, that's something I do the week before. I've already bought Christmas cards, although they are still sitting in my car, waiting to be filled out. The Christmas preparations don't really begin with me until I break out the trumpet and start practicing carols.
Tomorrow, Katie and I have our first Christmas Carol rehearsal. I haven't touched my trumpet since last Christmas Eve, so it will be fun. Hopefully my lungs and lips will hold up for our rigorous rehearsal tomorrow. I can't lie, the first time we practice each year, we end up playing for about 5 minutes before I'm physically incapable of squeezing my lips tight enough to produce any notes anymore.
Perhaps I should spend some time tonight looking for my trumpet and sheet music. I have no idea where they are. There was talk tonight at dinner that Katie and I may even dress alike on Christmas Eve for our concert. Regardless, I hope to improve my posture this year. Don't think I forgot about the comments you all left on my blog last year saying my posture was horrible while I was playing. I will remind Amanda and Dustin of their promise to buy me a music stand. Still waiting for that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home