Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Newbies

For some reason, getting my oil changed on my car always causes anxiety attacks. There's something about sitting in my car while people work on it that makes my blood pressure rise. I put off getting my oil changed for as long as I possibly can because it's such a horrible experience for me. It's actually humorous since there is no reason for me to feel like this, but I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack every time I'm driving to get it done. I got my oil changed today, and when I got to the mall 10 minutes later to do some Christmas shopping, I was still shaking. It's like I have some odd, inexplicable phobia.
Anyhow, I always want my oil change to go as fast as possible so I can get out of there. When I arrived today, there weren't any other cars waiting, so I figured it would be a quick in and out visit for me. It would have been, but I had a new person working on my car. He was being trained, which was fine with me, but it made it kind of awkward.
His trainer was pretty much walking him through everything as he did it. I guessed I was one of his first cars. I had my window down on my car so they could talk to me and I could pay. When everything was done, the trainer up to my window and stood right next to me. He told the new person to tell me to turn on my car so they could see if my oil gauge was working. After he told him to tell me to turn it off, he told him to tell me to turn my car off.
It was really odd because I obviously heard the trainer telling the guy to tell me what to do. The trainer was standing closer to me then the new guy. I didn't know if I was supposed to act like I hadn't heard the trainer and wait for the new guy to tell me what to do, or just do it when I first heard what was going on. Whatever, I have 3 months before I have to deal with that again.

3 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Blogger christa said...

You should get your oil changed at Wal-Mart. Basically, you pull up, and they check everything for you while you shop. So there is no sitting in the car and feeling awkward. They also clean the inside if you pay a little extra. When they're done, they just park your car for you and you pay whenever you're done shopping. Try it, you might like it.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Uh, Christa? Do you know me at all? I will never be caught shopping at Wal-Mart.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

Yeah ,what kind of friend suggests shopping at Wal Mart?

I take my car to the dealer. Surprisingly they are cheaper and I wait in the waiting room.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home