Sunday, December 17, 2006

Small Town Celebrity

When I first started doing shows, it was fun when people would recognize me. I loved it when people would ask me if I had been in a show. It made me feel important. Now, I hate it when it happens.
Today, I went to Barnes and Noble to get some new books. I hate going to stores this time of year if I don't have to. I couldn't get down any of the aisles, and people kept bumping into me. Finally, I found 2 books that I wanted. I went to buy them.
As I was checking out, the man behind the counter gave me a funny look. It made me a little uncomfortable because I wasn't sure if there was something hanging from my nose. Finally, he said to me, "Weren't you in that show?"
I knew immediately what show he was talking about; Rocky Horror. For whatever reason, I remembered seeing him in the audience one of the nights. I didn't respond, but turned bright red. He then said, "Rocky Horror, right?" I told him I was, and I was really embarrassed that he was asking me about it since my costume was so trashy(I will never live that show down, I'm sure of it). I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die.
He told me how he loved the show, etc. I said thanks, and my face became more red. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Next time I do a show, someone remind me that my costume needs to completely cover me so I don't run into situations like this again.

3 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Liar - you know you totally loved it.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Oh, you should feel good. You are memorable, I often get 'aren't you so and so' sister ..." I want to be remembered for something all my own. Embrace it baby .. you were meant to be a star!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Merry Christmas friend.. hope you have a great holiday!
Blessings,
Frannie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home