Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Little Indigestion



I needed to eat today, and was in a hurry since I had to get to rehearsal. I did what most Americans do in this situation, and stopped by McDonald's. Let me just say that I don't eat fast food very often. I try to avoid it as much as possible since there isn't really any nutritional value to it. I decided that since I had to eat it, I would get a salad.

I had seen pictures of the new Asian chicken salad, and decided to try it. It sounded appetizing, there are pea pods and mandarin oranges in it. You can't go wrong. I ordered it without dressing, since I'm not much of a dressing person.

When I got my order, there was a package of dressing with my salad. No big deal, I can just throw it out. It makes me feel wasteful to do that though. It just reinforced to me that McDonald's is trying to make everyone overweight. I specifically say that I don't need salad dressing, and they toss it in, trying to sneak a few extra calories in me.

Anyhow, I started to eat my salad. It was okay, but nothing to write home to mom about. The chicken scared me a little. It looked like it may have been sitting out for a day or 3 before it found its way on my lettuce. Against my better judgment, I ate it.

I spent a significant portion of my day in the bathroom. If I wasn't on stage, I was near a toilet. Luckily, I felt better a few hours later and was able to finish my day without incident. I won't be eating McDonald's anytime soon.

3 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

did you see last nights special on Primetime life or 60 minutes or one of those shows about lettuce and e coli? I think that's what happened to you!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

scott, you're dying.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

Oooh, were you puking or did you have the hershey squirts? I need all the gory details!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home