Friday, February 03, 2006

'Tis the Season

for ringworm. I've never had ringworm before, but I'm sure it would be gross to have it. Luckily for me, I won't have to wonder what it will be like to have it for much longer.
In the last week, I've dealt with three pets with this nasty fungal infection. Today, I actually had to deal with two cats with it. One of the reasons that I work in the animal field is so I don't have to deal with communicable diseases. Sure, there are zoonotic parasites and viruses to worry about. I even had a scare where I thought I was exposed to rabies once, but the odds of contracting an infection or sickness from animal is much lower then it would be from me getting it from a human if I worked in the human medical field.
I had the honor of shaving a cat with a horrible ringworm infection bald today. It really isn't as fun as it sounds to shave a cat. Not only was I unable to breathe by the end, since my allergies were so bad, but I also had strands of contaminated cat hair all over my face. I decided to use animal ringworm medicine all over my face when I was done, but it started to burn, so I had to wash it off right away.
About an hour later, another cat came in with ringworm. Since I'd already been exposed two other times this week, I figured, I may as well shave this one too. I'm getting really good at shaving cats, if I do say so myself. No use in having everyone come down with ringworm. I figured I would get more sympathy if I was the only one with it.
So, I wonder how bad my outbreak will be. I don't want my lesions to be on my face. Ideally, they will be in dirty places so I can say, "Do you want to see my ringworm?" and take off my clothes. That would be hot.

7 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

that is discusting! you are sick

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger amanda said...

There's a Van Morrison song about ringworm.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

My ex, Andy, had ringworm once that he got from a student. It was so gross. I would rather see you get nekky without rinworm on your body.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

is ringworm like scrabs?

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger Casey said...

Umm, not sure if ringworms is the way to get boys into your pants...

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

dude, I wanna shave Muzzy so he still has like a mane and fur on his paws and the end of his tail...I think he would get pissed. However, do you think you could do that? And how long would it take for his hair to grow back?

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Dustin, that's called a lion cut. people pay to have that done. I have no idea how long it takes to grow back. Paul, in case you forgot, scrabs are the offspring of crabs and scabies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home