Monday, January 23, 2006

Cold Weather and Body Pain

When I was in the eighth grade, I broke my big toe on my left foot. It happened during the first soccer game of that season, so I never told anyone and never got it fixed so I could play the rest of the season. A few years ago, I broke my foot onstage during a show. We did xrays at work(completely illegal, but if you have the resources, why not?), and the bones were nowhere near each other. Once again, I didn't get it fixed because if I was in a cast, I couldn't finish the show.
I wish I had been smarter back then. See, I have huge problems with my left foot all the time. There are times when I can feel the bones in my foot rub against each other. If that sounds painful, let me just tell you, it is. That doesn't happen too often, so I can deal with it. I just have to deal with the fact that I will never be a professional ballet dancer.
Whenever the weather changes, I get horrible pain in my foot. This has been what I've been dealing with the last few days. I don't really know why sudden changes in temperature make old injuries hurt so much, but it can be unbearable sometimes; and I have a high pain tolerance.
I feel like I'm one of those old men who sit on a porch and predict the weather based on when his old hockey injury starts to hurt. My injuries suck though, because they never hurt till after the weather changes. Not only do I have to deal with pain, but I don't even get psychic abilities out of it.

5 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger amanda said...

My knee can tell a change in humidity to about 3%, that's how attuned it is. It's always fun when I go outside on an incredibly humid day after being in a climate-controlled environment. I, too, turn into a cranky old man bitching about how my glory days were cut short when that damn ice just jumped up at me.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

scott, your tolerance of pain is not high. are you serious? you're a little baby. the daintiest.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

I can't believe you never took care of a broken bone! I freak out when I have a really painful zit.....

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

dude, what show did you hurt your foot in that bad? Please dont say "footloose"...I'll cry because that means it was all my fault. I have a knee injury I have been avoiding, I had a drunken fall in Ft. .Lauderdale in september and although it has gotten better it still gets me sometimes. It feels all different than my other knee-no good.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Umm, no dustin, it wasn't during footloose...it was a different show. Yeah. It wasn't your fault the doctors had me so drugged up during that show that I forgot choreography and ran into things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home