Monday, January 16, 2006

I Break Things

Funny things happened at work today. One of the first dogs I saw today decided to bite me. It happens. The thing is, they normally bite and let go. This one bit my finger and thumb and didn't let go. He tried to walk away while he was still holding on. I grabbed his collar so he couldn't walk away. The doctor noticed and said, let go, he's biting you. Okay, I obviously know he's biting me. I looked at her like she was crazy. Finally, the dog let go. I left the room to get some bandages.
She came to see how I was doing, and asked why I was still holding the dog. I told her so the dog couldn't run away with my finger in his mouth like he was trying to. She laughed. Okay, it probably was funny looking to see me sitting on the floor with my hand in a dog's mouth while I was holding it close to me. I wasn't in the mood for laughing at that moment though.
I got back at her later. Okay, it was an accident, and I feel bad, but I find a small amount of humor in this. You can see in the picture that when you use a Tono-pen, you don't hold on to it too tight. They're really expensive. I was about to use ours this afternoon when the dog jumped and knocked it out of my hand. It flew across the room and broke on the floor. My mouth just dropped. I didn't know what to say. Luckily, everyone saw it happen and knew it wasn't really my fault. I thought about laughing for a second since she had laughed at me earlier, but I didn't.

1 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Shining Love Pig said...

Funny thing life - the agent of your suffering is the architect of your retribution. Woof.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home