Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm so Hot


I'm so vain, it's sad. I realized last week that my hair seems to be thinning, so I did what any self-respecting boy would do when faced with this dilemma. I decided to dye my hair. Really, I don't know why I thought that would help, but at the time, it seemed completely reasonable.
I have relatively dark hair to begin with, so I decided to go darker...black actually. I used to dye my hair fairly frequently when I was younger. As I got older, I realized that I just look like an ass when I do, so stopped. I don't know why I thought this time would look any better.
I liked how it looked for the first few hours, but then it started to sink in that my hair was the same color as dirt, and would stay that way.
Sunday night, I decided to buy more dye and go back to my natural color. I bought a dark brown, and worked it down to the roots. Imagine my surprise to see that it didn't change my hair brown at all, but kept it black when I washed it out. My sister told me that I would have to dye my hair really light to get rid of the black, and then dye it darker again. I had already put dye in my hair twice in 48 hours, I couldn't do it two more times. My scalp was already getting irritated. I wish someone would have warned me how difficult it is to get your normal hair color back before I permanently ruined mine.

7 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Sexbox said...

oh dear, I had the same problem. In highshool I dyed my hair black, until my senior year I wanted to go back to my dark brown color. Well, I bought a lightening kit and I left it on my hair for too long and was completely blond. Not to mention my hair was so damaged it had the consistency of hay. Since then I have only dyed my hair once more and it was a brownish/redish color. it wasn't permanent, i had learned my lesson.

if you are concerned about thinning hair, check out www.toppik.com, the stuff really works!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I can't believe you left a link for hairloss on my blog. That's too funny.

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Shining Love Pig said...

I tried to dye my hair blue whilst at university...sadly I ran out of blue dye...and bleach...to top it all off, I had a friend plait it into pseudo-wigga-dreadlocks...the end result made my mother weep.

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Sexbox said...

oh no, i feel like such a spammer, lol!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

Yeah, I almost threw up for a second because I thought that was a bloody head at first. I used to dye my hair all the time, but hadn't in forever until I just got highlights a bit ago.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

yeah, and when you keep dyeing it it thins even more. i'm sure you look cute as ever.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I had my hair pretty light. Just kept highlighting it. Now that I've cut them all out, i realized how DARK my hair actually is. I don't think that dying your hair will make it look thinner ... it's just the same amount of hair, just a different color!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home