Monday, January 23, 2006

Act Grateful



I'm kind of embarrassed to write this, but I will, for the greater good of my blog readers.

Without a doubt, the worst experience of my life was when I was elected to homecoming court my senior year in high school. I felt completely out of place with all the popular kids. Most of them did all they could to let it be known that they didn't like the fact that I was on court with them. Whatever, I've obviously gotten over it.

I really didn't expect to win, and prepared myself for the utter embarrassment of hearing the name of the king announced in front of hundreds of people, only to realize it wasn't me. As I stood on the football field that blustery day in my tuxedo, I started to think, what if I win?

I didn't really care if I did or not, but I decided I should be prepared in case I did. I needed to have my face look like I was surprised, yet so grateful for the opportunity. I would do my best to represent Valley Lutheran in the way it deserved to be represented during my reign.

I decided to use a look of utter shock, while a tear or two ran down my face as I waved to the crowd in thanks. Karma's a bitch. Of course you won't win if you plan out your surprised face. I was left with the, "of course he should have won" smile on my face when they called Josh Call's name.

3 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

"Whatever, I've obviously gotten over it."
yes. obviously.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha. How 'Mean Girls'.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

was Josh call a sexy bitch like you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home