Saturday, December 10, 2005

Close Call



I was driving home from my show tonight, and the roads were horrible. I hoped that if I got on the highway, things would be better. They weren't. I decided to drive slow since I didn't really want to die tonight. About 30 feet later, I hit a patch of ice. Luckily, I was going slow, and there were no other cars on the road because I completely lost control of my car. I started to spin, and my rear end was headed straight for the guarder. I have no idea how I managed to not crash, but my car stayed on the road and didn't hit anything. When it stopped spinning, I was facing the wrong way on the highway. I was freaking out, but I didn't really have time to calm myself. I didn't really want to get in a head on collision on 6-75, so I had to turn my car around as quickly as possible. The road was still clear of traffic, so I did a beautiful 3 point turn. I got off the highway at the first available exit and drove backroads the rest of the way home, never going over 25 mph. Yes, I probably looked like a grandma, sitting upright in my car gripping the wheel as tight as I could going half the speed limit, at most, but I made it home safely. I think that makes everything okay.

4 Comments:

At 12:14 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

good thing i told you to drive safe, or you'd be dead.

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Super scary.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Casey said...

See, this is why I don't think I could ever live somewhere where is snows and stuff all the time. Once I was driving with my friend Crhis in the snow, and we hit a patch of ice and skidded off the highway into the snowbank which was the median. We were ass end in the snow, and I was sure we were going to die right there. Luckily a guy helped us out.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

yeah, losing control of your car is a horrible feeling and has happned to me a couple of times. I don't miss driving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home