Thursday, December 08, 2005

Got Gas?


Thanks to Paul for his most recent post, which reminded me of this story. I'm in a blogging mood tonight, and I apologize because none of these stories are the least bit interesting. I decided to go with a theme for the next week and relive childhood memories though. I'll get tired of this theme by tomorrow and stop though, don't worry.
Anyhow, this story involves my youngest brother/sibling, Kyle(Stinky...we all have nicknames, in case you haven't guessed).
A few years ago, Stinks needed something worked on with his car. I don't really remember what it was, but fear not, that isn't the important part of the story. This happened about the same time that I started to get into Smallville. He needed me to take him to pick up his car, but there was a Smallville marathon on TV. He told me we had to go halfway through the polite. Since the repair shop closed in about an hour, I had to go. I had never even seen that episode before. I'm an amazing brother.
Anyhow, we pick up the car, and Stinks says that he doesn't think he has enough gas to get home. I told him we can stop to get gas, and he said he didn't have money on him. I told him I would pay then. He responded with, he had more gas then he thought and it wouldn't be a problem. We stared to drive home.
About a quarter of a mile after passing a gas station, I noticed that his car was sputtering, and he pulled into the nearest parking lot...a fire station. I pulled alongside of him and asked what was going on. He had run out of gas. Since his car was parked in front of the garage that the fire trucks come out of, I told him he should move his car in case there is a fire and I would drive him the rest of the way home and get a gas can. His car wouldn't start.
We started to pound on the windows of the fire department in hopes we could talk to someone and they wouldn't tow the car. The lady we finally talked to told us to hurry up and get gas so the trucks could get out. I started to speed home, I had an excuse to not follow the speed limit. The Kochville Fire Department would back me up if someone pulled me over. We got home grabbed a gas can and got the car.
The whole time I was in a panic. I would have felt horrible if a house burned down because my brother picked the worst possible spot to run out of gas.

3 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

Kochville. It never fails, makes me laugh. Who names a town Kochville? Seriously?

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

Probably somebody with the last name of Koch. Well, my aunt had a car die on the train tracks. And it got hit and totalled by a train a long time ago.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Casey said...

I left my car in the turning lane of one of the busiest streets in my town because I ran out of gas, And once i ran out of gas right across the street from the gas station.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home