Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas at the bar



I love Christmas carolers. I think more people should go out in the middle of winter and sing to random strangers. I'm not about to do it, but I would love it if someone came to my house and sang for me.

Last night was my first night back to the Junction in about 3 weeks. I couldn't have picked a better night to go back. As Lisa and I were driving down the road, we noticed some carolers on the sidewalk outside some of the bars down the block. It put me in the Christmas spirit.

We went to the bar and started drinking, when the door opened, and in walked the carolers. It wasn't like there were 3 or 4 people caroling. There was about 20 of them. They didn't come in to drink either, they came to sing...well, try to sing, they weren't very good. I give them credit for doing it.

The best part of our holiday friends was that they had a violinist with them. He played the music while they sang. I want to thank the genius who came up with the idea of going caroling to the bars. They totally made my night worthwhile. I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. Also, thanks to Paul for coming out like he promised...bastard.

3 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

I cant' say I have ever seen real carolers. Where they part of a church group or something like that or just some drunk folks who decided they wanted to sing?

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

i went caroling once. it was with my family. dustin was there. i was a little drunk though (of course) and i started yelling things like "we know you're in there!"
good family fun for all ages.

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

Paul, You were VERY drunk. That was the year we did the atomidis (how do you spell that name?) party and drank WAY to much and we were late getting to your parents because we were trying to sober up...ah, memories. OH! And we were late cuz Andy and I had to buy hamsters for our nephews.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home