Wednesday, October 19, 2005

I hate Walmart



If someone were to ask me, "If Satan were to come to the world and disguise himself as a major franchise, what do you think he would look like?" I wouldn't hesitate to say Walmart. Walmart is the festering boil on the ass of American society. I'll give you the abridged verion of why I hate this store so much.

Walmart will only sell censored music, but will sell ammunition. Obviously, music leads to more violence than bullets(I'm not saying that people don't have the right to buy bullets. I realize that the majority of people who buy them are responsible people who buy them and use them for valid reasons. However, do you really think that music that has profanity and violent undertones causes that much crime?). Also, Walmart claims to be a store that will create new jobs in an area whenever a new store opens. However, this store outsizes jobs to third world countries so they can knowingly employ people in sweat shops to keep their prices on clothes lower. I can seriously go on for hours for the reasons I boycott Walmart, but this post isn't about my boycott.

Last night, Lisa and I were out looking for Halloween costumes(see previous post). Lisa convinced me to go to Walmart, which, let me tell you, is a remarkable feat for someone to do. I resolved that I wouldn't buy anything in there, and sincerely hoped I didn't run into anyone I know. Basically the only reason we were there is it was one of the few stores still open. I found a new past time while I was there though.

Every annoying toy or Christmas decoration that sings a ridiculously cheesy song was turned on while we walked by. Toys with an on/off switch were left on. Toys that said push here to hear a song were pushed no less than 5 times. There's something funny about seeing 30 reindeer who rock in their rocking chairs singing "Grandma Got Runover By a Reindeer."

I realize that I can't run out all the batteries in all the toys in all the Walmarts all over the world. I beg of my loyal blog readers to help me out(both of you). Every time you are in a Walmart(which I hope isn't often), try to wear out the batteries. It may not make them go bankrupt, but it will make me feel better knowing that Satan has a little bit of a challenge when trying to overtake the world.

2 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

that was the best blog EVER! i had so much fun last night :) we definately need to do that again!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I used to do that at Walmart in Russellville - not because I thought Walmart was evil, but because there's not much else to do at 2 AM in a dry county.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home