Friday, October 14, 2005

Hair Cuts



Today was a difficult day for me. I consider getting my hair cut a necessary evil in today's society. It is literally one of my least favorite things to have done. There are a few reasons for this. First and foremost, I'm a touch freak. I hate to be touched by people I don't know. Standing in a crowded area with people bumping into me is enough to send me into a panic, so imagine how I feel about a stranger touching my head for 30 minutes. Second, I have very sensitive skin, so I always break out in hives on my neck and back after getting my hair cut from the hair that falls there and agitates my skin.

Despite my dislike for haircuts, I decided I had to get one done today. I was trying to psych myself up in the car on the way there(I literally won't even make it to the shop most of the time because I can't get up the nerve.) I walked in and they were able to cut my hair right then, even though I didn't have an appointment.

My first tip that I should probably get a different stylist was when she was in a slight panic over the fact that I have my ear pierced. She felt the need to tell me that she got her comb stuck in someone's eyebrow ring the day before and didn't notice until she pulled really hard. I offered to take my earring out. I couldn't get it open though so she promised to be careful.

She started talking about movies; specifically a great movie she had seen recently. It's about a girl who doesn't have any friends, so she kills people and takes their body parts to make friends of her own. I don't know, something about the fact that she was using her scissors right next to my ear as she told me this story made me uncomfortable.

She finished and I said that my hair looked fine. To be honest, I always say that without really looking because if it doesn't, I have to sit there longer, which is something I'm not willing to do. It wasn't till I got back in my car that I realized that I didn't really like what she did with my hair. It wasn't as short as I would have liked it, and she did something funky around my ears so it looks really short there, but nowhere else. Oh well, I'm not going back to get it fixed.

4 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

P.S. I apologize to anyone that I offended with my post I wrote last night about large families. I deleted it because, well, I was just mean when I wrote it.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger amanda said...

first of all, I didn't get to read that post, so can you recreate it for me?
second, have you ever considered learning to cut your own hair? It works for my man, it could work for you.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Let's just say I tried to cut it once and ended up having to shave my head.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

i miss the faux hawk!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home