Thursday, October 13, 2005

Express Lanes




Let me start by saying how much I love Meijer. It's your one stop shopping spot for higher standards with lower prices. With that said, I have to say how much I hate their express checkout lanes. In truth, it isn't Meijer's fault. I'm sure you have these problems no matter what store you go to, but I venture to Meijer most often, so the problems are obviously most prevalent for me there.

It seems that whenever I'm in a hurry and decide to use the express lanes, I always choose the slow one. There can be 5 available with only one person in each, but I will ultimately choose the one where the person ringing people up is working their first shift and doesn't know what they're doing. By the time I realize this, the other lanes have filled up. It happens every time.

Worse yet, is it really that hard to count to 12? When there is a big sign over the lane that says 12 items or less, don't take your cart stuffed full of groceries through the express lane. That's just rude, but of course that's what happened to me today. If you have 13 or 14 items, okay, it's not that big of a deal. What really bothered me is that the people with no less than 56 items that were in front of me in the express lane realized that they forgot their 2 liter of Coke, so held up the line while the lady went back into the store to get it.

Don't even get me started on U-Scan lanes. If you don't know how to use them, you probably shouldn't take the opportunity to learn when all the lanes are packed full. It also seems that everytime someone has a problem with their lane not working correctly, the cashier in charge of the U-scans is talking to one of his or her co-workers and doesn't notice for 5 minutes.

Oh the humanity! I felt the need to complain, so I wrote this post. Sorry, I'm not always this bitchy...but I can be sometimes.

4 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger amanda said...

OMG, UScan. It is the devil. I LOVE UScan, but no one else seems to be able to use it. Part of the problem is that people use UScan with cash. It should ONLY be used with credit or debit cards. Just my opinion.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I agree with your opinion wholeheartedly

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

uscan is always telling me to put items back in the bag, or to wait for cashier assistance... isn't the point that there is no cashier? that i don't have to interact with a living thing? i thought so.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I just stand there and give a dirty look to the cashier when that happens to me. They love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home