Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rush, Rush

Despite what the picture may lead you to believe, this post has nothing to do with Paula Abdul. I titled it Rush, Rush; which most of you will remember was a hit song for my girl a few years ago(hurry, hurry lover come to me. Don't pretend you didn't love that song). I decided to put the picture up as a tribute to her.
This post is actually about my annoyance with stores this time of year. I don't want to sound like Scrooge, because Christmas is my favorite holiday. Seriously though. It's barely mid-October and stores have their Christmas merchandise out in full force. Worse yet, I was in Marshal Field's at the end of September, and they had Christmas displays up and were playing Christmas music. SEPTEMBER!!!
Whatever happened to starting the Christmas season after Thanksgiving? How many people really need to buy the Coke-a-Cola Christmas bear before Thanksgiving? Let's not rush things. Christmas shopping is hectic enough. I don't need it to be extended for the commercial gain of department stores.

2 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

You agree with the whole Christmas shopping being out of control, or about Paula making great music?

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I say both.
1 - not only that, but what happened to HALLOWEEN!?
2 - My favorite PA song was always "Cold Hearted Snake..." You can find somebody better, girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home