Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Algernon Part Deux

It's so funny how my views change in just a few day. Last week I was saying how cute my new mouse is. Not so much anymore.
I decided to check my email before going to bed last night. I was sitting at my computer, much like I am now, and just happened to look down at the floor at the same instant that a mouse decided to run by. That's right, Algernon had escaped. I decided to put some food on the floor in front of my desk that he was hiding under so he would come out and I could grab him. He ran out, grabbed a piece of food and was back under the desk before I could blink. Smart little bastard.
I decided to take the bottom drawer out of my desk and grab him. That didn't work either, and he ran away. I was not in the mood for games, so I decided to run to Meijer and buy a trap. It was about 11:30 by the time I got there, and there was no one to direct me to the mouse trap section of the store. I finally found a helpful(?) associate who pointed in a general direction and said the traps were in that aisle or one over. About 20 minutes later, I found the traps.
I normally love Meijer, but come on. Would it kill them to stock live traps? I'm going to go out on a limb and say they probably wouldn't go bankrupt over something like that, but they only have the death traps. At this point I was too tired to care and picked up a 2 pack. Algernon had taken advantage of my hospitality, and payback would cost him dearly.
I got home and set one of the traps. A few minutes later, I saw Algernon. He cautiously maneuvered around his cage and came near me. I tried without success to catch him again. Mice really aren't too social I've learned. After getting away, again, I decided it was time to let the trap work it's magic.
algae crept precariously close to the trap. Yes, I had been home for about 20 minutes at this point and was still up despite the fact that I was about to pass out from sleep deprivation. I just had to find out what would happen to him. When he got too close to the trap, I actually yelled NO as loud as I could. I'm such a wuss. Seriously, who buys a mouse trap and scares mice away from it? I do.
Anyhow, I went to bed, not long after, but left the trap set up. I haven't seen algernon today(although I haven't really been home). I hope to catch him before he winds up in the trap, but at this point, whatever happens first is what I'm willing to deal with. I can't have a mouse running around. That's just gross.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home