Friday, September 16, 2005

Algernon

First, I would like to apologize to all my loyal readers for the lack of updates in the last few weeks. I know that most of you just salivate waiting for my new posts(you should really get that checked out though, excessive drool is not attractive on anyone) and have felt jaded by my recent hiatus from writing. Work has been quite hectic, and I have to keep up my appearances at the local bars. Not to worry though, I plan to tell not just one, but possibly 2 stories tonight. Put on the coffee, this is going to be a long night.
*I took a picture of Algernon so everyone could see how cute he(she? I don't really know what to look for on a mouse) is, but it wouldn't download to my computer, so I will update this post later.*
I am the proud father of yet another animal that I don't need. Algernon is a white mouse. I don't really know how old he is, but he still has some growing to do. Allow me to share his special story with you.
Algie was scheduled to be put down. Seems that someone left him inside the store my vet office is located in. The store can't sell him because he wasn't sold by them originally, so he was doomed for the dreaded injection. I found out what was going on, and put a stop to that. Don't get me wrong, I think euthanasia is a humane solution to life threatening problems; and that comment is not just limited to animals, but people tend to get irate with me when I discuss that, so I'll just let it go. I don't believe it should be used for convenience though, and will not hesitate to let owners know how I feel when they want to put their pet down for no reason other than he barks too much or they don't have time for it(sometimes I pretend to not understand why my boss doesn't like me, but I actually know why). Well, needless to say, I ended up taking him home. I love my little mouse, but if someone is looking for a small pet, I'm willing to let you have him.

2 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger amanda said...

You are a friend to animals everywhere. Do you want me to send you a "welcome to the family" card?

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

No, I don't want to have a card sent to me. Algernon got out of his cage last night, so now I have traps set for him. He won't be with me much longer. Sorry, I can't let a mouse run free in the house. Too gross. Oh the irony of trying to save his life only to kill him a week later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home