Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Tropical Skin


I feel as though many of my stories are going to involve two constants...Lisa and The Junction. Basically because Lisa and I always hang out and our favorite spot is The Junction; a classy karaoke bar for those of you who aren't down with the Saginaw nightlife. This story dates back to Saturday, but why not tell it now.
Saturday was the much anticipated Hawaiian Party at our favorite hangout. Not only were there drink specials for all in Hawaiian garb, but a costume contest as well as the karaoke contest. Believe it or not, I forgot all about the spectacle that was Saturday night until Lisa reminded me about it a few hours before we were scheduled to arrive. Seeing as how I wasn't staying at home over the weekend, and don't own much in the line of traditional Hawaiian clothing, a stop at the mall was required. Alas, no one carried human hula skirts. I write human skirts because I was able to find a lovely ensemble made for dogs. It was sexy. Just look at the picture of the tiger above. I will give credit where it is due and tell you I didn't look quite as stunning as the tiger does, but I sure gave him a run for his money if you know what I mean(and I think you do). Anyhow, the skirt was a little small and caused bruising while I tried to get it on. Luckily, Lisa was standing by with a pair of scissors, because it got stuck and caused bruising/loss of circulation before it ripped and I could get it on. Able to breathe and having adequate blood supply return to somewhat important body parts, I tied the top on off we went.
Perhaps the best part of the night wasn't the fact that my dog costume won the contest, but a singer in the karaoke contest. We'll call her Belinda because I can't remember what her name is. Not only did Belinda expect to win the contest because she has a CD coming out(which let me just warn you, don't buy it. It's going to be REALLY overrated. Girl can't sing to save her life), but she must have read the memo wrong and thought it said there was going to be a tramp party at the Junction that night. Let's just say, too much body, too little fabric. There was a full moon every time she bent over, and she didn't like to cross her legs...if you catch the drift. I wish I could share a picture with all my devoted readers, but I didn't get one. Hopefully Lisa will send me one since she took them, because I can't describe her well enough to do it justice. Keep checking for a picture, and Lisa, start emailing pictures.

1 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I love the Junction. I go there almost every time I'm in the 'Naw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home