Sunday, August 28, 2005

Happy Wedding Day

Last night was a night that I had been looking forward to for some time. It was the marriage of my friend Nicole to her new husband. I met Nicole when I moved to the area when we were in 6th grade. I would say that we became friends right away, but that would be a lie. I annoyed her more than just a little bit when we first met, but we managed to become friends and have stayed friends to this day, even though we don't talk too often anymore.
When we were in 7th or 8th grade, we made a promise that no matter what the circumstances were, we would be at each other's weddings We sealed the deal by giving each other meaningless trash that we would get back on our wedding days. I won't lie, it was really sad to wrap the granola bar wrapper that she had given me years before on Friday night.
The wedding and reception were beautiful. Nicole and Mark are perfect for each other, and it was good to see them both so happy. Since this is my life though, the night wasn't perfect. I love my siblings to death and wouldn't trade anything in the world for any of them, but my parents can be a bit much sometimes, especially when they've had a little too much. A big thanks goes out to my dad for hitting me on the back when he walked by, causing me to spill wine down the front of my new shirt. I also felt bad for my sexy date, Lisa, who has never really met my family before and felt a little out of place. Don't worry, she was feeling a lot better by the end of the night!

3 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger amanda said...

Dear Lisa,
Once you go to a wedding with the Warnke family, there's no going back. You get to call the parents by their first names - trust me, that's huge.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

haha thanks. I was already invited to dinner and then scott never called me to tell me what time it was at. I feel right at home ;o)

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I was sick Lisa. My allergies have been really bad lately. I love how you make me look like such a horrible person for not calling you, even though you know why I didn't.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home