Monday, August 22, 2005

Best Friends FOREVER!

Friday was an interesting night. I ended up meeting my new best friend that night. That's right, Amanda forced me to go to a Clay Aiken concert, where Clay realized just how talented of a singer I am and decided to become my new best friend. Here's how it all went down.
Amanda is a HUGE Clay fan and got us seats that were insanely close to the stage for his concert. I considered Amanda one of my best friends, but she was really considerate to my feelings the day before the concert and told me that she was really excited to see Clay, but not so much to see me. She's seen me before, but has never seen Clay(paraphrased and really exaggerated to make my story more interesting). The irony of the situation is that Clay decided to become friends with me, and made a "sass" comment to Amanda when he talked to her.
That's right folks, he talked to both of us. Since we were so close to the stage, Clay decided to talk to both of us during his concert. Actually, that isn't too true. Clay decided to talk to me, but Amanda decided to blurt out that her parents named her after the song Mandy after he was done singing it, despite the fact that Clay was trying to talk to the woman behind Amanda. It could have happened to anyone though.
Anyhow, Clay talked to me for a few minutes during his concert. It was really an intimate conversation. Just me and Clay talking about music with a few thousand people listening. He even invited me to sing with him on the stage, but I politely declined. The night was about him singing, not me. Our conversation was lighthearted and fun. The type of jabber you expect from two best friends. Alas, the show must go on, and he had to get back to singing. I'm glad to know that I made a new best friend though. I thank Amanda for the ticket to the show. You will be invited when Clay and I have our friend's night out. You deserve it.

1 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Thanks, Skitts - after being berated by Clay, it's nice of you to bring it up AGAIN when I'm trying to block it from my memory... but a sincere thanks for inviting me along when you and your new best friend go out on the town.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home