Sunday, September 16, 2007

First Impressions

I suck at first impressions. They're too much pressure for me, and inevitably, I end up making an ass of myself. The good thing is that I know I'm going to screw up at some point, so I can prepare myself.
Yesterday, I met Andy's family for the first time. I literally couldn't sleep on friday night because I was so nervous. His mom just got engaged, and was moving in with her soon to be husband. Andy and I were helping them move. I drove the Blazer on the first trip to the new house. I forgot to mention that it was going to need more gas before we could make the second trip.
Poor Andy, about 2 miles from the new house, he ran out of gas. He had noticed that we were almost out of gas earlier on, but at that point, we had already passed all the gas stations, and just were going to hope for the best. See, the new house is out in the middle of nowhere. Turns out, we didn't get so lucky.
After turning a corner, the car stalled out. Andy had to call his dad to let him know we had run out of gas, and of course to point out that we ran out because I'm stupid and forgot to say anything before we left...those weren't really his exact words, but the story is more interesting if I tell it like that.
So much for me looking like a responsible person. Luckily for us, we hadn't actually ran out of gas. Because the gas level shifted when we turned, it caused the car to stall out. We were able to make it all the way to the house and use a gas can to get to a gas station. From now on, when I need to make a first impression with somebody, I'm going to make sure it's under circumstances where I don't have to move or talk.

4 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger christa said...

the first time i met you, i thought you were snobby and stuck up. but then, after i worked with you more, i realized you weren't. i don't think you suck at first impressions. i just think that you don't care what people think about you. that's a good thing.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Funny, everyone thinks I'm snobby and stuck up when they first meet me.

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger amanda said...

I didn't think you were snobby, but I did think you were weird... you know, with that whole "I saw you two times this weekend, I'm your stalker, let's be best friends" thing you pulled.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

but look how it turned out amanda.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home