Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'm Going Mad

My show opens in less then 3 weeks. Normally at this point, I'm honing my character and tweaking my performance. Not so much this time. I have NO IDEA how to do this character. People give me ideas, but I just can't get them to come through, and it's really frustrating me. I need help, and I need it quick.
Sometimes, it's just a matter of sitting for an hour or so, trying to think of characterizations I want to use, or how I want the character to develop. I've spent the last 2 days thinking about this, and I'm not coming up with any ideas. I think I'm at the point now where I'm so stressed, I am blocking anything productive from coming into my mind. Not good.
I was thinking the other night that I should get high and see how I act(I'm doing Reefer Madness, if I haven't written that in a previous post FYI). I didn't, but it's seeming as though that may be the road I need to take. Not the best decision, but I don't know what else to do. Oh the pains of being a bad actor.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger christa said...

have you ever seen the show... or movie? because i have charter cable and one of the FREE movies from the OnDemand screen or whatever, is Reefer Madness. Maybe you can study your character. but let me know when and where this show is so i can be there... i am your biggest fan you know.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I own the movie, and although it has helped a little, not enough.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger christa said...

oh... sorry. if you need someone to film you being high, so after the fact you can reference yourself, let me know.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I bet I know a couple people you could watch and study. I'm just sayin'.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Amanda, I've been toying with the idea of having a certain wig guy be my inspiration.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home