Saturday, July 28, 2007

Derby

Tonight marked a summer tradition for me. I went to the demolition derby at the Munger Potato Fest. Yes, every summer, with the exception of last summer(for reasons I don't remember), I go to the demolition derby there. I'm so white trash at heart, I love it.
I'm not sure what it is about derbies; the danger, the mullets, the overpriced 6-packs, but something makes me love them. I wish there was one every weekend. Alas, there isn't, so I'm forced to have only one amazing weekend every summer.
I've come to realize that I suck when it comes to picking the winning car. In fact, if you're driving in a derby, and I pick your car to win, it pretty much guarantees a disqualification of ride in an ambulance.
This year's derby was the most action packed derby I've ever been to. First, one of the cars got stuck on the girder running along side the ring. Then, one of the drivers had to be taken out of his car with the jaws of life, and then, one of the cars flipped upside down. None of these things have ever happened when I've been to a derby before. For three major events to happen all in one night was amazing, and it made me realize I still have at least one life goal to achieve. I need to drive in a demolition derby before I die. I don't care if I don't win, I just want the excitement that goes along with it. I need sponsors though. Call me if you have any extra money. I'll spray paint your name on my car.

5 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger christa said...

how big will my name be if i only give you ten bucks?!?!?!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

2.27 inch letters, and no larger.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I'll give you $20 and a can of spray paint if you name your car "The Cricket."

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Nothing strikes fear into the other drivers like a car named, "The Cricket."

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger christa said...

chirp chirp.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home