Monday, August 27, 2007

Things Not to Do

Well, I did it. I finally cut my hair. It was long overdue, but something that I wasn't able to do because of the show. When I say I cut my hair, I mean that precisly. I actually did it myself. Probably not a great idea in hindsight, but you live and learn.
At first, I was going to just shave it, but decided to give it a go and see what it looked like if I did it myself. I was quite impressed with myself actually. I'll never become a barber, but my hair cut could pass for a low grade salon cut. I was able to deal with that, even though it wasn't quite up to my standards of beauty.
For some reason, after I was done cutting, I decided to try to shave the back of my neck myself. Yes, I have a hairy neck. Gross, but true. It's not like you can braid the hair or anything, my hairline just extends lower then other's. I'm really good at working with mirrors if there is only one involved, but in order to see the back of my head, I needed two.
I couldn't figure out which way to move for the life of me. Once I finally did, I started to shave it. It actually worked fairly well at first, but it turns out that I have a tremor I've never been aware of before. Just as I was finishing, my hand jerked and I shave too high. I tried to even it out, but no luck. I went to work this morning with a very uneven collar.
Luckily for me, we have clippers at work. After shaving a cat's testicals, one of the girls decided to be nice to me and fix my hair as best she could. I say as best she could because I forgot to mention that in my attempt to fix my hair after the jerk, I ended up with a really high uneven collar line. Turns out there was only so much she could do, and turns out I will never cut my own hair again.

1 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger christa said...

well... you made me laugh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home