Friday, August 03, 2007

Car Wash, Yeah!

Nothing says summer, quite like a car wash. Nothing gets my blood boiling like a car wash either. I'm not sure why; I love car washes when Christina sings about them. Fund raiser car washes are another story.
For some reason, every time I drive by a gas station hosting a car wash, it makes me want to scream. I'm not sure if it's the ditsy pre-pubescent girls wearing bikinis, holding cardboard signs on the corner screaming in my car window as I drive by, or the fact that those people get to be outside getting tan when I'm not able. I think it's more the stupid people trying to advertise it though.
Seriously, you see 12 girls, aged 13-15 standing on a corner, holding a cardboard sign. I don't care if you're literate or not, you know there's a car wash going on, or some sort of pedophile's dream. If I get stopped at the light, I really don't need these girls screaming "CAR WASH!!!!" into my window. Every time it happens, I have to fight the urge to give them the finger...and that isn't a lie. It's like satan himself takes over my body, and I become filled with rage.
Yesterday, I was taking my lunch break, and drove home. On my way home, I was unfortunate enough to be stopped at a light by a car wash. Of course the girls yelled car wash at me. I had to fight the urge to show them my hand, and kept looking straight ahead. On my way back to work, I got stopped at the light again. Surprisingly, the girls didn't remember my car, and yelled that they were having a car wash again, before bursting into giggles..."oh my god, I can't believe we just yelled that loud." I ignored them again, because, that's what I do. At that moment, a 50+ year old truck driver drove by and honked at them. They all cheered and squealed in delight. They were getting hit on by a man old enough to be their grandpa! How exciting for them.
I suppressed my urge to vomit, and drove back to work. It made me wonder, why are girls in their early teens so stupid? Also, why do their parents let them stand on street corners in next to nothing like low class call girls? I just don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home