Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I could have saved money on car insurance

I'm scared of lizards. They move too quickly, and you can't read their eyes. They just kind of creep me out.
Regardless, last week, we were brought a gecko(like on the car insurance commercials, thus the clever title of my post) who was stuck to a sticky mouse trap. I decided to save it.
I'm able to handle lizards when they can't move. I'm just scared it's going to bite me. I got him unstuck from the paper, but he was still pretty gooey. His legs were stuck to the side of his body and he couldn't move. I started to get the goo off of his legs too.
When 3 of his legs were clean, he ran away and hide under something sitting on the counter. There was no way I was going to pick it up at this point, so I called one of the girls I work with and made her do it. We got a cup and put him in it since we didn't have anything else around at the second.
She handed the cup to me, and he jumped out of the cup, right at me, mouth open, like he was going to eat me. Mind you, he was probably about 3 inches long. I had no idea I was even able to scream as high pitched as I did when that happened. I've been made fun of for my girly scream even since then. This is why I don't like lizards. I save their lives, and they still try to eat me.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger christa said...

pet gecko, water bowl, food dish, cage, etc. ........ (approx. $300)

sticky mouse paper...... $0.25

gas to drive to the vets office........... $56,835 (okay, maybe i exagerated a little)

hearing you scream like a little girl..... PRICELESS.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I thought you owned a lizard...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home