Sunday, June 04, 2006

Electrifying


I wish I could say this story happened to me, but my life isn't that exciting. Instead, I will tell the story of why my sister is again my hero. No one else could have something this odd happen to them. Indeed, Molly was struck by lightening on Tuesday. Here's the story, as she told it to me yesterday.
I guess one of the best parts of the story is that she didn't feel the need to tell me about it until Saturday, a full 4 and a half days after it happened. We all know that if I was struck by lightening, I would get to the nearest computer and write about it on my blog right away so if I died, my story would still be told.
Molly was driving in her friend's car on Tuesday during a big storm. She uses her hands a lot when she talks, and was gesturing wildly, when there was a large crash all around them. She says she felt a surge of energy go through her, and her arms shot forward. Her friend's arms also spasmed forward at the same time. The car jumped into the air a bit, and everything went back to normal...sort of.
Molly says that after it happened, it felt like her fingers were moving, but she was holding them still. The next day, every bone in her body ached. A small price to pay for a story as great as this one. Unfortunately, she had her hair pulled back, so it didn't frizz out. That was actually the first thing I asked her when she finished telling me the story. I'm so concerned about her well being, obviously.
What remains to be seen is if the car itself took a direct hit, or if it hit near enough that they got the residual electricity that comes from such a concentrated amount of energy. The car didn't stall, and they both lived, so most likely, it wasn't a direct hit, or so I've been told. In any instance, I now am adding getting struck by lightening to my list of life goals so I also have a great story to tell. We'll just hope that I'm also lucky and live through it so I can write about it after.

4 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger christa said...

i have a kite you can borrow...

 
At 12:42 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

one of the freakiest things i have ever seen is a picture of three people holding each other and smiling as they stand in front of the grand canyon. all of their hair is standing straight up.
instantly after someone took the picture, they were all struck by lightning.
crazy.

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

yes.crazy.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Chargenda said...

so, why is she a hero?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home