Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Kickball



One of the perks of growing up with a family as large as mine was that I never lacked people to play with. I think my older siblings all hated me...okay, I know that my older brother hated me. My older sisters just tolerated me from time to time. Despite their disdain for me, my family made a mean kickball team.

That's right, in the summer, the neighbor kids would come over and take on my siblings in kickball. We would use something in our driveway for home plate, a crack in the sidewalk was first base, a sewer cover was second, and a tree was third. Those summer games with team Warnke on Wylie St made me into the mean kickballer I am today.

I wonder if I could convince my family to play a game in the near future. We could make t-shirts and everything. Anyone wanting to take us on, let me know. We'll kick your arses.

3 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger amanda said...

I certainly know a nice young man who could get you a deal on some Team Warnke t-shirts.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Hit him up for me. Nate loves me.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Did I deny my hatred for you anywhere in that post? We should play strip poker too. That's a good family game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home