Saturday, May 20, 2006

Encore



My blog has sucked a lot in the last few weeks. All I write about is the shows I'm working on or in. So, with my foray into theatre ending tomorrow(perhaps indefinitely...dry your eyes, it's true), I decided to write one last post on something that happened to me during my final performance of Biloxi Blues. Sit back and enjoy.

All my life(or as long as I've been doing shows), I've wanted someone to be so moved by my performance, that they would magically find some flowers during curtain call and throw them to the stage as I bowed. Of course, it will never happen, so I finally broke down and told my friend Christa about it one day at work.

She promised to throw flowers at me during my curtain call, as long as I would sneak her into a bar one night. I didn't think she would follow through, and agreed.

The last night of my show, I came out for my bow. The applause swelled as I came to center stage, as it always did, I was that amazing. Just as started to come out of my bow(with both hands at my side. I haven't bowed incorrectly since our talk Amanda), I heard something hit the stage. Christa had come and thrown flowers on the stage for me.

I don't want to be an ass, but, if you're going to throw flowers, they probably should be roses, not carnations. Just a thought for anyone who wants to one up her. Christa is reading my blog now, so I decided to give her a little shout out since none of my other friends have ever thrown flowers to me.

3 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger christa said...

first of all, thank you for the story about me.... I totally love you! Second of all, fuck you about throwing fucking roses! I stole those carnations from the temple so they are way better than any roses! but, again, thanks... and no one can top me! I was the first person to ever throw flowers on the stage for you! no one else can say that so hah!

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

You're right, no one else can say that. How was work tonight? I was supposed to be there.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger christa said...

i guess its not really necessary for me to respond, because i already talked to you.... hmmmm.... but it was good.... and you still owe me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home