Sunday, May 07, 2006

Take a Bow



Friday was opening night of my show. It could have been worse, and could have been better, as life always goes. I'm so glad to have a few nights off though. I don't have to be back to the theatre till Thursday, so hopefully I'll have time to write interesting posts for the next few days.

Anyhow, a few of my friends came to see the show this weekend, which was great, but I'm going to focus on Amanda coming to see the show. The first reason I was excited to see her was because she brought her boyfriend, Nate. I could be wrong, but NATO doesn't really strike me as the theatre type, so it was cool that he came along.

It was great to see Cricket again though. We went out to the bar after the show for some karaoke. One of the best things of going to the bar with your friends after a show is hearing what they really thought of it. They don't have to censor themselves anymore since they aren't at the theatre anymore and don't have to run the risk of being overheard.

The biggest complaint Amanda gave me about my performance was how I bowed during curtain call. I didn't know there was a correct way to bow. Apparently there is though, and Amanda schooled me in it last night. Oh, how I love her.

In honor of Amanda, I'm going to include grades with this post, just like she always does on her blog.

My performances this past weekend...C

The Junction Saturday Night...B-(too busy and I was tired)

Amanda teaching me how to bow in the bathroom of a bar...A+

8 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I just realized that the spell check changed Nate's name to NATO the second time I wrote it. Sorry Nate.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger amanda said...

It's okay, Scott, he doesn't read your blog. Or mine, for that matter.

Thanks for the shoutout - how was the bowing on Sunday?

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I used the hands at the side method.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

scott, when i see the show i want you to bow the wrong way. just for me.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Let me know what night you're there paul, and I'll be all over it.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Casey said...

Umm, can I get a diagram or something on the wrong AND right ways to bow. I want to know if I am doing it right!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Casey, if you have one arm bent in front of you, in front of your stomach, and one arm bent behind you touching the small of your back, you're doing it wrong.
If you have your hands at your sides, running down the seam of your pants, then you're doing it right.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

What about the Sound of Music method that I found so funny Saturday night? If you clasp your hands in front of you like you're going to sing about jam and bread, that's wrong too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home