Saturday, May 20, 2006

Old Town Saginaw




Tomorrow night I have my last show at the 303. Thank God. I'm so tired of not being paid to do things. I've been meaning to write the first half of this post for a few days, but haven't found the time.

One of the reasons I love Old Town Saginaw is because of all the crazy crackheads. You can be anywhere in Old Town at any time of day, and the odds are someone will ask you for money, start yelling at you for no reason, or stumble across the street in the middle of the day holding a brown paper bag. I exaggerate, it isn't that bad, but there are a lot of crackheads, and they always want to talk to me.

A few nights ago, one of the crackheads rode a bike up to me. I don't want to sound judgmental, but I am, so it's okay to think I'm a judgmental person. This bike was obviously WAY out of his price range. He rode it up to me and offered to sell it to me. Just call me Sherlock Scott, because I'm pretty sure it was stolen.

I don't like to lie, unless it's necessary, and it was necessary that night. I told him I didn't have any cash on me, so he was out of luck. Any other day of my life, that would have been a true statement, I never carry cash. But for some reason, I had some on me that night. What are the odds? My newfound crack whore friend insisted that I could get money from my house and bring it to him. I told him I don't even live in Saginaw, so that wouldn't be an option. At this point, he had crossed the point of funny crack person, into scary crack person who is either going to kill me or get me arrested. I decided to get back inside.

Senor Crack Whore decided that I was inviting him in to watch the show, and tried to follow me in; with his bike of course, heaven forbid he leave it outside where it be stolen. I blocked the door and told him it was a rehearsal, and no one was allowed inside. I love to be assertive.

Part 2 of my story of Old Town happened tonight. I love to do things at the 303 because its so relaxed. Alcohol consumption seems to be encouraged during performances, rather then frowned upon as it is at the good ol' Pit. I had quite a few drinks backstage tonight with my helpful stage hand. There's nothing better then shirking all responsibility for a few beers. Gotta love it...yes, that's my whole story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home