Sunday, May 14, 2006

It's All Done



I finally have my nights and weekends available again. Today was my last day of my show. It's always a little bittersweet when a show ends. I'm glad to get my life back, but I always feel really lazy when I'm not doing one.

One thing I won't miss about this show is getting spit on. I'm not one to really complain about people spitting when they say lines, I'm horrible about doing it. If you enunciate, it's fairly difficult to not spit. There were many scenes in this show where I was being yelled at by a person who was inches away from my face, and I always ended up soaked.

Last night was ridiculously nasty. During one scene, I was spit on. It wasn't a small amount of spit either. I was standing there, and I felt a huge drop of spit stick to my face just over my left eyebrow. There was no way I could wipe it off without being obvious as to what I was doing, so I just had to stand there with it on my face. Absolutely disgusting.

The guy was really nice about it. He realized what had happened and apologized about 20 times to me during intermission. It really wasn't that big of a deal. One of the hazards of doing a live show, I guess. I think I'll be taking a hiatus from doing shows for awhile though. Who knows, I've been asked to do two shows this summer already. I'm sure I'll change my mind and end up doing both of them. It's so difficult to be talented and in demand...as if I would know.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Blogger Casey said...

I know what it's like to be talented and in demand ... ;)

Ok, I'm just kidding people.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I'm talented and in demand with bitches too. By bitches, I mean female dogs...I work for a vet...ba dum, bump.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home