Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Reasons I Hate Deer


I really dislike deer. They're dirty, disease ridden, and ugly. I hate that people feel the need to parade deer carcasses on the tops of their cars during hunting season with blood dripping down the sides. I hate that I'm scared to walk through the woods in the winter and fall without wearing bright orange so I don't get shot. Mostly, I hate swerving to avoid deer when I'm driving.
It never fails, if I leave the house at dusk, I'm sure to almost run over a herd of deer. Tonight was no exception. No matter how careful I am, and how much attention I pay to the sides of the road, they always come out of nowhere and are in front of my car about 20 feet away. The worst is when it runs away and you think you're safe, only to have another one run in front of you 2 seconds later and you have to slam on your brakes and go off the road to miss it. Stupid deer.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger christa said...

good reasons... "dirty, disease ridden, and ugly..." hahaha.... I expected something a little more formal or deep from you... Seriously.... ugly? And how often do you walk through the woods in the middle of the winter? Just curious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home