Friday, December 30, 2005

Lucky Smokes



I smoke, enjoy it, and make no apologies for it. With that said, I have about 24 and a half more hours to smoke before I give it up for the new year. It will never happen, but that's my resolution. As if smoking itself isn't a bad enough habit, I have another bad habit that goes along with smoking. I pick a lucky cigarette.

For whatever reason, everyone always bums ciggies from me. I really don't mind, I like to feel important, but I always warn people not to take the lucky one. For those not familiar, the lucky one is the one you turn upside down when you first open a pack. You save it for the last one and it gives you good luck. Stupid? Yes, but I do it anyways.

Anyhow, as I was saying, people always bum cigarettes from me. I always warn them not to take the lucky one. They get annoyed after awhile since I tell the same people this day after day, so sometimes I don't say anything since they already know the rule. I just need to say it every time.

A few nights ago, I was out at a bar, and my friend, Sarah, asked if she could have one of my smokes. She knows the rules, so I didn't say anything. About 15 minutes later, I look in my pack and my lucky cigarette is gone. Intentional or not(and it was intentional), at least she didn't waste it, unlike a certain someone.

I won't use names since I'm nice like that, but about a year and a half ago, a certain friend of mine asked if he could have a cigarette while we were at the bar. He knows not to take my lucky cigarette, and will get pissy when I tell him not to. He was trashed beyond belief that night. I handed him the pack and continued the conversation I was having with someone else on the opposite side of the table from him. I looked over at said person a few seconds later and realized his smoke was on fire. Imagine a 3 inch flame coming from the end. The sad thing was, he was so drunk that he had it in his mouth and didn't even notice the difference. He had taken the lucky cigarette and lit it backwards. I've taken every opportunity to remind him not to take my lucky ciggie from then on out.

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

it was Paul wasnt it? hahaha.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

it was. i tried to keep it a secret.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home