Wednesday, November 09, 2005

what a day



I have no idea what this picture is of, but I was tired of looking for pics, so I decided to post this one.

I'm not the person who oversleeps in the morning. Don't confuse that to mean that I'm a morning person, cause I'm not. I just have a tremendous sense of responsibility when I have to be to work on time. For whatever reason, I didn't hear my alarm clock this morning.

I woke up a full 25 minutes after my scheduled time. Oh lord, I needed a shower this morning like you wouldn't believe, and was not willing to skip one this morning...or any morning for that matter. I had to cut corners somewhere to make it to work on time so my contacts, shaving, and looking presentable seemed to be the obvious solutions.

Anyhow, after getting ready and looking like horse shit, I was ready to go to work. Since I was in a huge rush, I decided to hit the gas and back out of my driveway. Not the smartest thing I've ever done. See, a sewer had just been put into my house about 2 weeks ago, which means that there was lots of digging going on in my yard and lots of mud left over. If you don't see where this is going, I backed right into a huge mud hill. mud half way up my tire.

I was not about to try to push my car out. See, the torrential rains that have been afflicting our area meant that not only was I stuck, but there was about 12 feet of water around the mud. I was not about to push my car out, so I did the next best thing, I floored it.

Let's just say that even though I got unstuck, my car is in desperate need of a washing. Despite that, I made it to work on time. I kind of wish I hadn't though.

One of the girls had called in sick...again. Not that there's anything wrong with taking a sick day, but I've worked there for over 3 year s and only taken one sick day. I'm a much better employee than most and have come to realize that over the years though. Anyhow, things got really out of control about half way through the day.

I happened to walk up front without paying much attention. One of my coworkers said, "are your ears ringing?" That's when I noticed she was talking to the client who comes into our clinic with her pets and had been at the bar the same night as the Halloween contest where I was dressed as Daisy Duke at a bar. If my mouth hadn't been full of a Baby Ruth, I would have defended myself. No such luck though

Anyhow, after a 10 hour shift, I went to rehearsal. I hadn't had much to eat all day. and my blood sugar was low. I wasn't in the mood to be there if I didn't have to be. After an hour, I got to go home. Woo-hoo. I don't work tomorrow, and I got out of rehearsal early. Life is good sometimes.

4 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

Sounds like a shitty day...You skipped the part about getting wasted by yourself on your couch...

 
At 10:41 PM, Blogger Chargenda said...

I have been at my job for just 6 months and have taken 4 sick days already.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger amanda said...

You got wasted by yourself on the couch? Child, you got to slow down or you'll never make it your birthday party!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

such a loyal employee. impressive. I would have called in sick when the shit happened with my car. but go you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home