Thursday, November 03, 2005

I'm too lazy for this.


I worked at my second job this morning. I sometimes usher at the historic Temple Theatre. I love this job because I get paid to do absolutely nothing. You get to watch movies, listen to concerts, and even see traveling Broadway shows from some of the best viewing areas, and they pay me to do it. What a trade off. Today they made us do manual labor. I was not having it.
Before I get into that, I will digress. The event today was a lunch and movie for old ladies. Everyone of these ladies either hasn't bathed in days or doused themselves in cheap ass perfume before coming. Lucky me, I got to man the elevator. Being in such a small area with such strong smells was more than I could take. Those crazy red hat ladies.
Anyhow, while they watch the movie, we get to go upstairs to the dining room and eat whatever they had for lunch that day. I'm not trying to imply they didn't give us free food today, because they did, and I would have been out of there so fast if they hadn't, but we had to work for our food.
Some lady who isn't even my boss(we'll call her Shelly since I don't know what her name is and don't really care to find out what it really is), but works for the restaurant that brings the lunch there told some of us to move 9 tables from the 1st floor to the 3rd floor. First off, she isn't my boss, second, she didn't ask, she told us to. Third, she walked away and didn't offer to help. These tables were neither small nor light. We were told to use the elevator, but they didn't fit unless you spent 20 minutes per table trying to turn it just right so it would fit. There's a couple of scratches on the wall of the elevator from us today.
Anyhow, we fit 4 in the elevator and took them up. As we struggled to unload them, Shelly said to just leave them outside the door, they would do the rest, being all bitchy since we took too long to get them up there or something. Like she was doing this huge favor to us moving them 2 feet to set them in place. I looked at her and said, yeah, we know, we were going to leave them here. We didn't take the rest of the tables up.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Lisa and Paul, stop being lazy and update your blogs!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

god, sorry.. i've been busy. but i think you're funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home