Thursday, November 03, 2005

Bronner's



For those who aren't familiar, Bronner's is the world's largest Christmas store. It's located about 20 minutes from my house(probably about 35 minutes for most people, but I was never one to worry about traffic laws). I saw an add for it in the paper last week, and it prompted me to write this blog.

Bronner's is supposedly famous. I don't really know how true that is, because obviously everyone around here knows about it. I guess it must be famous in it's own rite, with little old grandmas who need ornaments to put in their cat's stockings.

I have no beef with Bronner's, in fact I make a yearly pilgrimage there to buy an ornament for my god daughter. There are a few things that trouble me with this store though. First, it's open 361 days a year. One of the four days it is closed is Christmas Day. That is just plain dumb to me.

Also, what ever possessed Wally Bronner to create the world's largest Christmas store? Obviously, it was a good idea, since he's rich, but I would never have thought that it would make a good store. I would like to someday open the world's largest hot dog cart. I would travel around the world to peddle my pig butts to people who eat nasty by-products.

4 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

I know this doesn't pertain to Bronner’s but it does to the hot dog cart, did you see the Oscar Meyer Weiner mobile driving around Saginaw earlier this week!? I almost peed my pant!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

yes, lisa, but did you release your anal glands?
anyway, scott... about this hotdog cart. just how big would it be? i'm gonna need some blueprints or something for this one. and how big would the hotdogs be?

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger amanda said...

My big ass hot dog cart has a first name, it's S-C-O-T-T, my big ass hot dog cart has a last name, it's W-A-R-N-K-E...

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I didn't see the weiner mobile, but you're the 3rd person who asked me that Lisa. Paul, the weiners would be normal size, but the cart would be huge. I'm talking football fields.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home