Thursday, October 27, 2005

Lunch with my brother.



My brothers are home for the weekend, so Ryan(my older brother) took me to lunch at Bennigan's today. I think he took me out because he flew here so he doesn't have a car and needed me to drive. Whatever, it was free food.

One of my favorite things to do is celebrate my birthday at Bennigan's. I don't know what's better, the free dessert, or knowing that all the servers who are forced to sing to you are thinking how much they hate their job at that moment. Whatever the reason, I celebrate my birthday about once a month at Bennigan's.

Since it becomes a little obvious after awhile that it isn't really my birthday, all the people have sang to me 4 times over a 2 month period, I tried to talk my brother into having his birthday be today. He flat out refused. I considered telling our waitress when he went to the bathroom, but he isn't fun like that.

Lunch was good. We talked, I ate my Reuben(the mashed potatoes were a little cold though). There was no singing, no brownie bottom pie, and no annoyed looks from the servers though. Perhaps most upsetting is that the next time I'm there, it will probably be right around my birthday, so having them sing won't be the same. It's only fun when it isn't really your special day.

6 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger amanda said...

ONE, TWO , ONE TWO THREE FOUR -
Happy happy birthday, on this, your special day, happy happy birthday, that's why we're here to say HEY! Happy happy birthday...
MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE...
happy happy birthday, from a former Bennigan's employee to you - SLAINTE!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

You just made my whole life worthwhile cricket. Thanks.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

i can just see you being a bennigan's employee and having to sing that song all the time... did you ever think about that? i can see it.. i can see you right now.
and it's not pretty.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I would love to sing to people for their birthdays.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Maybe you could get a part-time job as a singing telegram guy, and you could wear a gorilla suit.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

I can't see Scott dressing up in a mascot outfit!!! Daisy Duke, yes (unfortunatly) gorilla, no

 

Post a Comment

<< Home