Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Gross things from work


Sometimes I really hate my job. It has it's perks, but some days it is just too gross for me to handle. I have disgusting things happen to me basically every day I work, but after a while, you get used to having a dog pee all over your shirt, or releasing its anal glands all over you and just deal with it. It's when I'm driving home and find live fleas on me, or people bring in a squirrel with a mouth full of maggots that I get grossed out. Today was one of those days I wished I had just stayed home.
Part of our protocol is to place IV catheters in all animals that are there for surgeries. I was taking the catheter out of one of the cats after his surgery, and he freaked out. There's a cap on the top of catheters that prevents bleeding. It got caught on the tape holding the catheter in when he jerked his paw and flew across the room.
I think I have the worst luck in the world. I decided at the exact moment the cap came off to open my mouth and say something. There's nothing like the taste of blood when it splatters into your mouth. I went to the sink to spit, and one of my coworkers was disgusted with me for spitting. Let's just think about this logically. Who was in a worse predicament? Me, having blood in my mouth, or her, seeing me spit? You decide.

4 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger amanda said...

Nasty! You should slap that girl!

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger paultoes said...

haha, oh scott. only you.
oops. i think i just released my anal glands all over.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

okay, I told you to never mention the squirrel around me or in anything that i read... i mean seriously scott, eeewww

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

Lisa, don't read this, it deals with the squirrel. He was alive when he came in, but we put him to sleep and that's when the maggots crawled out of his mouth. We didn't know they were in there till they started to come out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home