Monday, November 07, 2005

Good evening Sunshine


I know I'm not the only person who has noticed this, partly because Lisa and I always talk about it with each other. What is up with the people working at Taco Bell's drive thru when you stop there at 2:30 coming home from the bar? Doesn't it seem like we should be the happy ones? We're coming home from a night of fun, slightly buzzed, if not totally inebriated? Truth be told, the workers always act as if they are high on E or something.
Saturday night, I was the DD, and stopped at Taco Bell with Lisa to get some good eatin'. We ordered, and then Lisa stated playing with things in my car, yelling obscenities, and stealing my cell phone threatening not to give it back. She was a little drunk at the time, so it was understandable. However, she had spilled beer all over my pants, and I didn't want someone inside to call the cops on us since I reeked of alcohol. Be that as it may, I had my back to the pick up window when the person opened it.
I have NEVER in my life heard someone so happy to tell me I owed them $6.08. I literally jumped when he yelled it. No one should ever be as happy as this guy was, ever. If my cat had a litter of kittens made out of 14 karat gold, I wouldn't be as happy as he was, and my cat is a neutered male. This of course made Lisa laugh uncontrollably, and I was trying unsuccessfully to stifle any giggles that were trying to escape.
He ran my card, and jubilantly thrust it back towards me. I took it reluctantly. I was scared he may grab my hand and pull me inside to join the party or something. Then he asked me if I needed any sauce, teeth glowing in the moonlight as he gave me what I would normally think of as a perma-smile, but I'm pretty sure was actually his real one.
I couldn't take it anymore. I had to get out of there. We drove off, and couldn't stop laughing. What is with those people? Do they not have proper ventilation back there and the fumes from the "beef" they use gets to them? I worked at a McDonald's when I was younger, and let me tell you, I was never in even a slight good mood when I was there.

7 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Dustin Harder said...

I have never had that experience at a taco bell at that time in the morning...or ever for that matter. One time with my friends Christina, Mott, and Rodgers I was coming back from an Aerosmith concert and we got so frustrated at the drive through we ended up driving off without food. I would take perma-grin over that anytime-scary as it may be.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

One time I drove away before I got my change. That sucked, I was too embarassed to go back and get it.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger amanda said...

One time, I was at a drive-thru, and my cat had a litter of 14-carat gold kittens in the backseat of my car. Talk about embarrassing!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger equippedtofascinate said...

I didn't even know you had a cat, you always told me you were allergic.
My word verification was njesy...does the new jersy commerce of tourism sponser this?

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger lovelylisa23 said...

so i love how you always leave out the main points in your blogs, like the only reason i was yelling at taco bell was because YOU did it to me the week before when YOU spilled and ENTIRE glass of beer all over me. You always leave out those LITTLE details.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger paultoes said...

hey amanda, remember that strange time at some taco bell, where the shopping carts in the parking lot were surrounding us, and there was no meat, or beans, or cheese, or whatever, so we said "fuck this" and tried to leave? remember?

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Casey said...

my last Taco Bell experience involved a transvestite at the drive thru and a bunch of high school girls yelling "bye dude" as i walked out. And I don't see why anyone should be so happy at a Taco Bell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home