Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New Shoes

I spend most of my day on my feet. I'm forced to wear work issued shoes, which aren't the most comfortable things in the world. Due to this, I've become accustomed to wearing uncomfortable shoes. It's just part of my everyday routine to wear shoes that hurt. I'm not complaining, it's actually a great thing for me.
On Saturday, I went to the mall. There was a huge sale going on. My favorite store had an amazing pair of shoes for 75% off. I was willing to pay full price for them, so obviously the added bonus of them being on sale made me realize that God indeed wanted me to have the shoes.
The problem was that the pair on display was the last pair in the store. I'm not above wearing the display shoes. Spray a bunch of disinfectant in them, and you're good to go. The problem was that the shoes are 2 sizes smaller then what I wear. I tried them on anyway, and figured that since I've worn shoes more uncomfortable then those before, I would buy them.
After wearing them for a few hours, I no longer can feel my feet because they don't get any circulation, so it really doesn't matter. I wore them today and got my first compliment. I love my fashion sense.
When I wore them tonight, I wore them to audition for Cabaret. I wanted to look good, and I'm always willing to sacrifice my well being for clothing. However, when your audition is also having a dance audition, it's always a good idea to wear shoes that fit.
I came close to killing myself a few times. I'm not a dancer, and never pretend to be. Dancing becomes more difficult when you can't feel your feet. Also, the combination of movement and my rising body temperature, made my feet swell. To be honest, I'm not sure I can get the shoes off right now. Regardless, my feet looked amazing tonight.

1 Comments:

At 9:52 AM, Blogger christa said...

I love shoes and I would wear THREE sizes smaller if the shoes were cute enough. Especially if they were so cheap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home