Wednesday, December 05, 2007

One of those days.

I hate it when I wake up in the morning and feel like I should just stay in bed because I have a feeling it's going to be a bad day. I hate it because I'm always right when I think that. Yesterday, I had that feeling, but I had to get to work, so I got up, and began to dread what I knew would be a bad day.
This story actually started last week. I like to crochet. I'm doing a show, where I have a lot of downtime, so I decided to make myself a lovely scarf when I'm not onstage. It's become the cast joke of who gets the scarf when I'm done with it, because I don't normally keep anything I've made for myself. Things turned ugly, and I somehow got death threats from two of the people over my scarf. Needless to say, they were quickly moved down on my list of people I want to give my scarf to.
Anyhow, I got ready for work yesterday, and no major incidents occured. Maybe I was just thinking too much, and it would be a good day after all. I drove to work. I was about half way there, when I noticed the wind was making a lot of noise blowing under my car, and blowing my car to the center of the road. Oh Michigan winters. That's when I realized that the wind wasn't actually blowing. Huh? I continued to drive, and then realized there was something wrong with my car. A mile later, I realized I had a flat tire. Yeah, I'm not too bright.
Now, I get flat tires all the time. Normally one or two a year. I'm not really sure why, but I always find the one nail in the middle of the road and run it over. The good thing about that is that I know how to change a tire really quickly. I pulled into the 7-11, and went to get my spare and jack out of my trunk. Great, for some reason, the lock on my trunk is stuck. I figured i would deal with my tire after work, and called my sister to see if she was on her way to work and could give me a ride. She didn't answer. I called work to see if anyone there could come get me, no answer. Great.
So, here it is, quarter to 8 in the am, and I have to walk the rest of the way to work. Mind you, it was only about a half mile, but I have never been so cold in my life. There are no sidewalks the first quarter mile, so I had to truck through 2 foot deep snowdrifts. I could see the sidewalk looming in front of me, and I realized no one had bothered to shovel. The sidewalk was under a good two inches of ice. The only good thing about this story is that I didn't fall on the ice.
I had to call my parents when I got to work to make sure someone could give me a ride home after work. I felt like such a child. Everyone made fun of me.
I decided to change my tire this morning, since I didn't get out of work till after dark last night. I still didn't have a jack, so I borrowed my sister's. Turns out, hers was too high for my car, so I had to drive all the way across town, to my mom's work to get hers. I got the car up, and the tire wouldn't come off. I went home to get a hammer, thinking I could loosen the tire with that. No luck. I waited for my dad to get out of work, to see if he could help me, and nothing. My brother in law tried to get it off, and it was still stuck. Only in my life.
At this point, I had to get to my rehearsal, so I left and called a tow truck to get my car in the morning. I'll let the professionals get my tire off. I got to the show, and lost my voice. I mean lost it like I've never lost it before. My throat doesn't hurt, it's just that it all of a sudden will stop working when I'm singing, with no warning. Kind of odd.
So that was my day today. Earlier in the week, I was so excited to have the day off. I literrally haven't slept a full night in almost 4 months now. The most sleep I've been able to get in a night was 6 hours, and only get 3-4 hours about 90% of the time. I really needed a day to sleep and rest. No such luck. I think I'm about to lose it, but whatever. How was everyone else's day?

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger christa said...

well.... my birthday is tomorrow and i have to work from 10 in the morning until midnight. but i do hope that you are coming to the bar on sunday.... for my party. and i would like a warm scarf.... hint hint....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home